ABOUT KBL: THE SUCCESS STORY OF BUILDING A BRAND
Like any self-made man with dreams, Mr. Bhagwandas Dhanraj Laddha came to the city of Pune in the early 1960s to work and find prospects to achieve those dreams.
After an initial period filled with struggle and hard work, he began working for Baluram Ramdayal Bhattad, in his retail grocery shop. The fruits of this struggle began to reap when the Lt. Baluram Bhattad, seeing this young man’s passion and hard work, entrusted the entire responsibility of the store to him.
Thus began the brand that was to become a household name in no time under the able command of Mr. Bhagwandas Laddha. Eventually his diligence and drive for success led Mr. Bhattad to offer him a much-deserved partnership in the same business.
In 1989, with a view to start his own business son of Mr. Bhagwandas Laddha, Lt. Kisan Laddha started his own grocery firm under the name M/S Kisan Bhagwandas Laddha. Like every other business person, he too faced his fair share of struggles in the initial years. Despite the pressures, his untiring hard work and bolstering command over the business made him a success. His younger brother Mr. Sham Laddha soon joined him the venture. Within a short span of three years, they were able to buy out the leased property where the venture had been functioning.
The brand of KBL, driven by the vision and hard work of the joint entrepreneurs, expanded and became a strong competitor for everyone else. Seeing this new brand take such a giant leap in such a short period of time, major brands like 817, Mastana foods, Anarkali began approaching KBL for their business.
Today, KBL has over 30 brands and 3 warehouses for material storage, and is considered as one of the top traders in the market. They have been successfully dealing in grains and pulses for the longest time.
Starting small, and working religiously over the years was the secret for the growth of this business. KBL has become a success story to learn from and as of 2018, the firm has an annual turnover of 45 crores, which proves that bold ideas and tireless efforts can lead to immense success and victory.
VISION FOR KBL:
- Going ahead we want to turn KBL into a leading brand of the Food industry.
- We are working incessantly to ensure quality and reliable items reach straight in the households, wholesalers, retailers and other trade outlets.
- We want to set up a new framework that would supply products directly to hotels and restaurants at an advanced speed.
- We want to expand our reach and range of products, by collaborating with more food brands under KBL; while also becoming important distributing partners for other bigger brands.
- We want to directly tap into the rural markets which possess a lot of potential, supplying the products directly to them.